Easy to use. Powerful software. Priced right.
July 5, 2016
Welcome to our new clients that joined our family in June:
Piramal Glass – Piramal Glass is a global leader in delivering world-class packaging solutions for the pharmaceuticals and perfumery businesses. They offer end-to-end glass making solutions, including full bottle design capabilities, an in-house mold manufacturing workshop, and a dedicated ancillary for decoration and accessories.
Swissoil Del Ecuador – Swissoil has technology in its broad industrial complex dedicated mainly to the manufacturing of high-quality lubrication oils and metal containers. Their operation provides easy access to major sources of supply on the continent, as well as rapid attention to markets in that region.
June 3, 2016
The weather is heating up, and so are our sales! In May we welcomed these companies to the Mapcon Family:
Haynes Corporation – Haynes Corporation is the only independent domestic manufacturer of precision diesel fuel injection systems for heavy duty engines. Haynes Corporation products include: Fuel injection pumps, Injector assemblies, Nozzle assemblies , Delivery valves , Plungers and barrels , Electronic Injectors Contract manufacturing.
Shapiro & Duncan Inc. – When it comes to providing cutting edge mechanical engineering and construction solutions – including design-build, fabrication, installation and maintenance services that promote sustainability at every stage of a building’s life cycle – Shapiro & Duncan is a leader in the Washington, D.C. market. A third generation family-owned business, Shapiro & Duncan has been serving customers in the D.C. area since 1976. They are the “Provider of Choice” for complex commercial, government and institutional design-build projects that require first-rate performance, work quality and customer service.
JanorPot LLC. – Janorpot LLC is a packaging and containers company located in Mogadore, Ohio.
Chattanooga Area Food Bank – Chattanooga Area Food Bank brings nourishing food to the people of their region in need. They work hand in hand with retailers, manufacturers, farmers, and individual donors to accomplish their mission – to end hunger for every person in their region.
PA Pellets – PA Pellets was founded in 2005 by Jason Holmberg and Luke Watson, two men interested in finding a productive way for overseas orphanages to support themselves. While they continued those efforts, Jason and Luke created PA Pellets in Pennsylvania – using their experience working in forests and making a renewable fuel source from wood pellets. They proudly continue this venture today, continually enhancing the quality and reputation of PA Pellets and their products.
J. Gibson McIlvain Company – With over 200 years in business, wood is in their blood at J. Gibson McIlvain. As it was in the late 18th century, it is the same today: they provide nothing but the best quality wood products. Those products have grown over the years to encompass more species from around the world as well as new advancements in engineered and composite wood products.
Chemtall US – Headquartered in New Providence, NJ, Chemetall has been developing, manufacturing, and supplying state-of-the art specialty chemical products since 1909. The ISO 9001:2008 certified company offers a wide spectrum of products and systems to meet the needs of many industries and applications. Chemetall’s integrated products, chemical management systems, process equipment (dispensing, controlling, and monitoring), and service programs facilitate many processing needs.
June 1, 2016
Palm Beach Zoo and Conservation Society was formed in 1969. In the beginning, the zoo only had a few ducks, chickens, and a goat. The zoo now houses over 700 animals from Florida, North, South and Central America, Australia, and Madagascar. More than 314,000 people visit each year, and over 5,900 households maintain annual memberships.
As the zoo grew, so did their need for a reliable CMMS. Since joining the MAPCON family in 2014, the zoo has become dependent upon their CMMS for a multitude of things. They use MAPCON Mobile, which is an app that allows them to take their CMMS with them wherever they go. Zookeepers find the portability especially useful. When the zookeepers are out caring for the animals, they can create work requests on the fly when needed. When they are feeding the animals, they can submit work requests right away if they notice any part of the exhibit that needs repairing. This can help prevent animals from escaping, and improve overall safety!
Read the rest of the story…
May 31, 2016
After a user adds parts to their work order, they can view more information on the parts by highlighting the part and then clicking the menu icon in the right hand corner. This will display information such as quantity available and location, which can be a real time-saver!
May 26, 2016
Coming soon to a mobile device near you – MAPCON 6.3! Our newest release brings a number of exciting enhancements to our mobile app. Once your MAPCON CMMS has been upgraded to 6.3, you will simply need to download MAPCON Mobile 6.3 from the app store on your device and install it to get the enhancements.
What does MAPCON Mobile 6.3 have to offer?
- Improved compatibility with iOS 9+ for iPhones and iPads
- Instant notification of dispatched work orders
- Instant notification of requisitions and purchase orders needing approval
- The ability to transfer work requests into work orders
- A save warning to prevent loss of information
- The ability to add attachments (images, pdfs, etc) to work requests
- The option to add craft hours to work orders from the update/complete screen
- Improved and unlimited paged lookups
- Additional information to browse requisition/purchase orders, including requester, corporate PO #, status, and approval information
- Mapcon broadcast messages, which will appear as mobile alerts
- Implemented REST web services for improved performance.
- Easier to use issuing/returning/cycle counting
- A route stop browse option now appears in the work order completion screen
The upgrade to MAPCON Mobile 6.3 will not be automatic. Users will need to go to the app store and download it from there. As you can see, we’ve been hard at work making our mobile app more user-friendly and inclusive. To get more information on other enhancements we’ve made to MAPCON in our newest release, click here.
May 24, 2016
In preparation for our larger upgrade to MAPCON 6.3, MAPCON version 6.2.6 has officially been released! This newest release will allow all of our clients to set time zones for their sites. This MUST be completed before clients are upgraded to 6.3.
So, what do you need to do? It’s easy. Just follow the directions below, and you’ll be ready for 6.3 before you know it.
- Log into MAPCON with system administrator access.
- Select the Administration menu
- Select System Setup Menu
- Select Site and Zone Menu
- Click Sites
- Locate the new Time Zone field, and select the appropriate option
Most clients will automatically be upgraded to 6.3, but it is important that this step is done first.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please feel free to contact our support staff at (800) 922-4336 or email email@example.com
May 3, 2016
In April we welcomed the following new clients:
Stephenson Millwork Company – Combining old-world craftsmanship with modern equipment technology, Stephenson Millwork produces timeless millwork products for commercial businesses, residential homes, academic institutions, governmental facilities, and more.
Main Steel – Main Steel is a leading national specialty processor and polisher of stainless steel, aluminum, and high nickel alloy products with a long-standing reputation for providing unmatched quality, consistency, and service.
April 6, 2016
March was another great month for us! We welcomed the following new clients to our family:
- Fiber Bond Corporation – An innovator since 1952, Fiber Bond Corporation is a pioneer in the development of synthetic media, HVAC air filters and other air filtration products. Many HVAC air filters, filtration products and nonwoven component parts which are taken for granted today began in the Fiber Bond development laboratories.
- Spectra-Mat Inc. – Spectra-Mat, Inc. (SMI) is a leading manufacturer of products for electron emission and controlled expansion thermal management material solutions for microelectronics. They have been in operation for over forty-five years and have built our businesses on our expertise in refractory metal technology.
- Service Uniform – Service Uniforms has been proudly providing uniform rental services to San Antonio, Seguin, San Marcos, Gonzales, Castroville, Laredo, Kerrville, New Braunfels, Jourdanton and everywhere in between.